Presentations and Interviews
Robine is available to come and speak to your book club, college class, school, historical society, library, club, etc. in the south of Boston area and maybe farther away but, please, not when it's snowing. Contact her at email@example.com.
- Author Talk/Presentation at Ventress Memorial Library, October 18, 2017, 7:00 p.m., 15 Library Plaza, Marshfield, MA (tel. 781-834-5535)
Cohasset Historical Society, Cohasset, MA
Made a presentation at a meeting of the Cohasset Historical Society on my family and my experience as prisoners of the Japanese military in Indonesia during WWII.
Library of Congress Oral History Project
Was interviewed for the Library of Congress Oral History Project on my experience living in a Japanese prison camp in Indonesia during WWII.
Scituate High School, World History Class, Scituate, MA, Spring 2015
Spoke on the background of the WWII and events leading up to my family's experience in a Japanese prison camp in Java in the then-Dutch East Indies.
Book Launch, Scituate, MA, September 10, 2015
"Bowing to the Emperor" book launch and book signing
Author Interview, NPR Station, Asheville, NC, October 3, 2015
Interviewed by David Hurand, News Director of WCQS radio station in Asheville, NC
- Author Presentation at Scituate Public Library, Scituate, MA, November 10. 2015
- Book signing at Buttonwood Books and Toys, 747 Chief Justice Cushing Hwy, Cohasset, MA, on Small Business Saturday, November 28, 2015, 2:00-3:30
- Author presentation at the Paul Pratt Memorial Library, 35 Ripley Road, Cohasset MA, December 12, 2:00-3:00
- Author Presentation at AAUW Book Discussion/Dinner, January 12, 2016
- Author Presentation at Brown Bag Session, OLLI, April 25, 2016, 11:40-1:00, Hingham Public Library, 66 Leavitt St., Hingham, MA (tel. 781-741-1405)
- Author talk/presentation at Thomas Crane Library, May 9, 2016, 7:00-8:30 p.m., 40 Washington St., Quincy, MA (tel. 617-376-1301)
- Author talk/presentation for a teachers group, May 21, 2016, 11:00-2:00, Norwood, MA
- Author talk/presentation at Scituate Council on Aging (Sr. Center), June 1, 2016, 10:30 a.m., 27 Brook St., Scituate, MA (tel. 781-545-8722)
- Author reading at NRAS (North River Art Society), June 16, 2016, 7:00 p.m., 157 Old Main St, Marshfield Hills, MA (tel. 781-837-8091)
- Author Presentation/Talk at Norwell Public Library, 64 South St., Norwell, MA, 781-659-2015, August 17, 2016, 6:30-7:30 pm
- Author Talk at Cohasset Senior Center, Willcutt Commons, 91 Sohier Street, Cohasset, MA, 781-383-9112, September 29, 2016, 1:30 pm
- Author Presentation at Brown Bag Session, OLLI, Fall (date/time TBD), Thayer Public Library, 798 Washington St., Braintree, MA, 781-848-0405
- Author Talk/Presentation at Hingham Council on Aging (Senior Center), May 19, 2017, 1:00 p.m., 224 Center St., Hingham, MA (tel. 781-741-1458)
- Author Talk/Presentation at Pembroke Public Library, May 23, 2017, 7:00 p.m., 142 Center St., Pembroke, MA, (tel. 781-293-6771)
- Author Talk/Presentation at Norwell Council on Aging (Senior Center), June 1, 2017, 1:00 p.m., 293 Pine St., Norwell, MA (tel. 781-659-7878)
- Multiple Author Event at Ventress Memorial Library, July 15, 2017, 15 Library Plaza, Marshfield, MA (tel. 781-834-5535)
- Author Talk/Presentation at Tufts Library, September 28, 2017, 7:00 p.m., 46 Broad St., Weymouth, MA, (tel. 781-337-1402)